Fleming Candy Company was founded in 1935 by Glenn Fleming as a wholesale candy warehouse. Upon his death in 1956, his son Ray took over the business and moved the store to its current South Main location where he continued selling candy along with appliances, TV’s and other electronic equipment. An avid fisherman, Ray stopped selling electronics in 1970 and decided to fill the space by entering the fishing tackle business. The fishing tackle part of the business has become known far and wide with customers coming from all over the Piedmont North Carolina including Charlotte, Greensboro, Concord, Winston-Salem and even area outside of North Carolina.
Ray’s sons, Jeff and Mike began working in the business after college and took over the business after Ray’s death in 2015. The business continues to thrive under Jeff and Mike’s leadership providing great customer service to their fishing customers and as well customers looking for hard to find candies and sports cards.